Workday Solutions Specialist (Onsite or Remote)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Are you passionate about technology? Do you delight in collaborating with a diverse group of teams to create efficient technological solutions? And have experience implementing ERPs such as Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft or Workday? Come join the Human Resources department within our Information Systems & Technology team at Grand Canyon Education!
Work you’ll do:
As a Workday Solutions Specialist you should expect to be involved in the following:
- Configuration of Workday modules implemented: Recruiting, Core HCM, Onboarding, Compensation, Performance, Absence Management, Leave, Time Tracking, Benefits, Security
- Create complex reports, calculated fields and dashboards (BIRT knowledge is an advantage)
- Design, Code/Build Integrations (RaaS, Core Connector, Cloud Connect, Document Transformations using XSLT, Studio) end to end
- Continuous self-learning and keeping up with new Workday releases across modules implemented: Communication of Workday HCM capabilities and limitations
- Lead optimization projects to help our business realize the full potential of Workday
- Testing everything built and documenting everything done
- Continuous and ongoing interaction with our HR teams such as Business Partners, Recruiters, Service Center, etc. as well as other GCE teams (IT, payroll, etc.)
- Triage and fix production issues that need your expertise
- Serve as mentor to junior staff
- 3+ years of experience working in HCM configuration/integrations
- Experience configuring in Workday HCM in one or more of the following modules: Core HR, Recruiting, Compensation, Talent and Performance, Benefits, Time Tracking & Absence
- Experience configuring, building simple to complex Workday Report Writer, Calculated Fields, Integrations (RaaS, Core Connector, Cloud Connect, Document Transformations using XSLT, Studio is a plus), Dashboards
- Experience serving as a work-stream lead on HCM implementations or optimization engagements, from design to deployment
- Familiarity with FTP/SFTP tools
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Excel, Visio and Power point
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.