Workday HRIS Analyst
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking a HRIS Analyst. The Human Resources Information Systems Analyst provides technical/functional support to Human Resource (HR) systems applications, projects and processes. Assists in ensuring all the HR information system is maintained and updated as required which may involve workflow configuration, testing and procedure documentation. Our current HR system is Workday.
- System Maintenance: Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS upgrades or patches. Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Maintain HR setup and transaction data. Document process and results. Complete simple to medium complexity of Workday configuration updates.
- Production Support: Provide support for HRIS, including researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements. Assist in the execution of Workday Helpdesk tickets and ensure resolution for all tickets in a timely, quality manner. May be designated as primary interface with various internal stakeholders regarding issues.
- Projects/Process Improvement: Recommend process/customer service improvements changes and track and report on system/customer issues. Create test plan and execute test cases for new features configured within HRIS. Record and report issues/defects in a systematic manner. May serve as project manager on Workday new functionality initiatives or updates. Must be able to collaborate with all stakeholders during the implementation phase. Identify and inform management when configuration does not align with HR policy and recommend potential solutions.
- Reports/Queries: Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries using primarily Workday Report Writer. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Help maintain data integrity in the system by running queries and analyzing data. Will be responsible for running audits from Workday to other GCU systems to ensure data integrity as assigned.
- Training: Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Train system users on processes/functionality to support HR services. Willing to engage with HRIS/HR user group meetings. Must be able to attend conferences if approved which would require overnights.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or technology-related discipline.
- Minimum of two years’ related HRIS experience (preferably Workday) and report writing tools.
- If no bachelor’s degree, minimum of 3 years’ relevant HRIS experience and report writing tools.
- Detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision in a collaborative manner with other team members.
- Demonstrated skill in creating and writing reports from an HRIS system or database.
- Must be knowledgeable with SQL to extract data from any legacy databases preferred.
- An understanding of human resources concepts, processes, laws and procedures.
- Ability to work within a fast-based environment and under deadline pressure.
- Strong technical aptitude and comfort level accessing and navigating HR software.
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and other office software such as fax-on-demand services, etc.; Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000021040