Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking an Academic Web Developer. This role is primarily responsible for designing and building web applications to support academic multimedia needs and ensure strong optimization and functionality. As needed, this role will also support additional initiatives identified by academic stakeholders.
- Actively participate in some or all stages of the product lifecycle
- Work independently or as a member of project teams to determine curricular and media needs
- Solve problems and make decisions with attention to detail
- Ensure tasks and projects are on schedule
- Meet both departmental standards and customer expectations
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills including verbal, written, and active listening
- Stay abreast of current concepts, techniques, and technologies
- Actively pursue and engage in professional development opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems design or any other related information technology field. An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education may be substituted upon approval.
- Minimum of one year experience in web development
- Must have sample code available for view
- Demonstrate proficiency with web database solutions (MySQL, etc.) and PHP basics
- Demonstrate knowledge of back-end development techniques with an emphasis in following current industry standards
- Demonstrate familiarity with the Adobe CC suite of tools and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate knowledge of internet protocols and applications
- Demonstrate familiarity with Federal Accessibility standards and W3C code validation
- Demonstrate effective and reliable planning, organizational, and process skills
- Build user interface applications and back-end databases using various programming and scripting languages
- Demonstrate knowledge of business needs and how to present value proposition
- Work collaboratively to create a consistent feel on team projects
- Demonstrate knowledge of frameworks, server packages, and assistive technologies
- Work on a variety of projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate ability to build cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Serve as key liaison with project analyst and client stakeholder
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon Education.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000015724-1