Web Designer (UX/UI Design) - Marketing Web Services
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a new Web Designer (UX/UI Design). Reporting to the Sr. Web Designer Web Designer (UX/UI Design), this position will work collaboratively with various members within the marketing department, including peer web designers, front and back-end developers, digital marketing specialists, and assigned marketing partners, to execute the user interface and user experience design for various partner/client websites.
The Web Designer (UX/UI Design) must have a solid knowledge base of understanding of digital design practices and the relationship between digital design, user experience design and web performance. They will create wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and other visual tools for web enhancements resulting in improved user experience including but not limited to time on page, bounce rates, etc. Works collaboratively with the marketing team project lead on the implementation of web design plans which support the overall client/partner marketing strategy. Works collaboratively with the creative services team to ensure brand standards and identities are upheld and supported.
- Conceptualize web designs for assigned client/partner projects.
- Translate conceptual ideas into deliverables which may include, user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes, that meet the client/partner requirements.
- Design web applications which optimize responsiveness and for use on all applicable devices
- Design layouts and templates with a user-centered design approach and a strong focus on user experience.
- Ensure design deliverables meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off, while upholding current brand standards and identities.
- Work in collaboration with graphic designers to align brand standards and identities across all platforms.
- Actively participate in the design review process with the web services team; provide constructive feedback on ideas/designs.
- Assist with establishing web design guidelines, best practices and standards and maintaining UI component libraries.
- Work with Digital Marketing Specialists to develop designs for testing to improve/enhance user experiences across all web properties; may require research to develop designs.
- Collaborate with front-end developers to ensure the technical feasibility of designs and smooth development of new and existing features.
- Use content management systems to update or create web pages; utilize defined page builder tools as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (web design, digital design, graphic design, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution and minimum of 2 years of experience in web design or interface design
- 3 years’ of work experience in web design or interface design with unrelated bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- 4 years’ of work experience in web design or interface design with an associate’s degree from an accredited institution
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, Figma or comparable UI tools
- Strong knowledge of visual design, user interface design, typography, usability, color theory and other digital design and UX concepts.
- Strong knowledge of web capabilities with an understanding of what is feasible using web technologies.
- Solid understanding of building and continuously improving UI and UX for responsive websites and web applications.
- Understanding of W3C WCAG web accessibility requirements as it applies to web design
- Understanding of grid theory, CSS layout techniques and ability to incorporate concepts to deliver responsive designs
- Understanding of W3C WCAG web accessibility requirements as it applies to visual design.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- 2+ years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Minimum of 1 year experience with UI design software such as Sketch or Figma
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong online portfolio touching on web, user interface, and UX design.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000019904