Grand Canyon University is seeking a Videographer to use an array of multi-media tools and platforms to create and produce high-quality, multi-media assets that can be distributed through a variety of digital outlets as a means to market to prospective students, current students, alumni and other audiences relevant to GCU.
*You must submit a link or attachment to an online portfolio in order to be considered.
- Conceives of and develops creative solutions for addressing University initiatives through audio-visual assets.
- Produces, edits and distributes media content as required which may include photographs, motion pictures, motion graphics, animation, audio and music.
- Executes shoots on site/on location including lighting, audio, camera operation and talent direction. Additionally, handles assignments requiring special lighting, multiple locations, creativity, special audio needs, custom graphics, and animation.
- Works closely with an internal producer, determines content and format of productions, operates editing equipment, and implements a variety of positive and negative feedback from various sources as necessary.
- Edits and assembles final visual/audio program material creating compelling and visually interesting products; observes brand standards, ensures consistency and relevancy to production; monitors technical quality of end product; creates photo galleries and slideshows with audio.
- Writes and produces photographic or video narratives; recommends, determines and procures type of talent needed for voice over work.
- Conducts interviews with students, staff, faculty, alumni and campus visitors and ensures that valuable sound bites are captured.
- Scouts shoot locations and assesses possible obstacles in filming and provides solutions or alternatives.
- Maintains all equipment in proper working order including troubleshooting and minor repairs as necessary.
- Attends meetings and offers development and production insight based on the requests.
- Works overtime, evening, holidays or weekend hours in order to complete assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university or college, or a relevant industry certification, or a combination of education and experience may be substituted with supervisor’s approval.
- 5-7 years of relevant work history required.
- Experience in operating SLRs (single lens reflex), Video Cameras, EFP, sound recording equipment, composing sequential shots, editing.
- Experience with digital workflows for images and videos
- Knowledge of live streaming platforms like Limelight, YouTube, Google+ Hangouts.
- Must be able to manage time/priorities and multi-task to handle both long term projects and those that require quick or aggressive turn-arounds.
- Willing to work overtime, evening, holidays or weekend hours in order to complete assignments..
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
- *You must submit a link or attachment to an online portfolio in order to be considered.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.