Video Editor - Remote PHX area only
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational, and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families, and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a full-time Video Editor. This position will work closely with project managers to create captivating video content for internal and external clients. This editor should enjoy a fast-paced environment and apply cutting edge editing techniques to express their creative vision across multiple project types. This position will be fully remote but will need to be in the Phoenix area to occasionally be on site for tech requirements.
What You Wil Do:
- Participates and develops creative solutions for addressing client branding/marketing initiatives through audio-visual assets.
- Works closely with producer in charge, determines content and format of productions.
- Edits and assembles final visual/audio program material creating compelling and visually interesting products; observes brand standards, ensures consistency and relevancy to production; monitors technical quality of end product
- Collaborates with student workers on assigned projects; assists with projects as needed with student agency
What You Will Have:
- Full video with audio postproduction knowledge and capabilities including encoding and compression skills
- Able to select most effective shot in terms of drama, story relevance or continuity that reflects the client’s vision.
- Ability to apply advanced editing, motion graphics and animation skills
- Advanced knowledge of best practices and principles of editing trends and techniques such as color correction, color grading, audio mixing, exporting in a variety of aspect ratios, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of software:
- After Effects
- Davinci Resolve
- Ability to independently troubleshoot hardware and software.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relations, and ability to work with culturally diverse peoples.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in teams.
- Must be able to manage time/priorities and multi-task to handle both long term projects and those that require a quick or aggressive turn-around.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology landscape.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to travel, which may require extended hours or overnights (25% of time).
- Able to pass pre-employment background check
- Able to work flexible schedules and extended hours.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional commercial broadcast experience