University Development Manager - Online Division
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
- Directly supervise a team of 8-10 Admissions Counselor. Carrying out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Travel within assigned territory to work with Admissions Counselor (75% travel required).
- Coach and develop Admissions Counselors to increase motivation, improve skills, and achieve results.
- Manage and appraise internal metrics for performance tracking, providing coaching and training to enhance individual performance.
- Provide weekly reports and projections to management.
- Work closely with cross functional and support departments to update student information and to resolve student issues.
- Adhere to all University and/or Department Of Education policies, procedures and compliance guidelines.
- Work from home; significant regional travel throughout assigned territory is required. Use of a personal vehicle is required (with mileage reimbursement).
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) with at least 2 years of previous supervisory experience.
- Prior experience within the particular division/program area preferred.
- Self-direction and intrinsic passion for student success and employee development.
- The ability to comprehend facts and relay information to students and employees.
- Superior customer service skills along with ability to represent the GCU brand in a highly professional manner.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office suite, (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and comfortable with navigating and maneuvering other databases and software becoming proficient with GCU systems within a short period of time.
- Excellent communications with a good command of the English language and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and persuade.
- The ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment with constant phone contact with students on a daily basis.
- Excellent planning, organizational, multi-tasking, case-management and follow up skills.
- Good attention to detail and analytical.
- Good time management skills in order to meet required timelines.
- Must have own vehicle, valid driver's license, clean driving record.
- Cannot be delinquent or in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report. If in a rehabilitation program, your credit report must reflect that you are current, not delinquent, on your payments.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.