University Billing Specialist- Military Liaison
Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking a Billing Liaison to join our experienced staff of professionals in our Military Division who are dedicated to servicing our active duty and veteran students and their families. Successful candidate will serve as a Certifying Official responsible for submission of student enrollment verification to the Department of Veterans Affairs office.
While this position is a Phoenix, AZ based role, we are currently in a hybrid remote status. This position may require you to be in the office 2 days per week (subject to change) and/or there also may be department meetings or training's that require in-person attendance (proper health and safety measures will be followed), in which advance notice will be provided. This position also offers some remote work opportunities that may be approved for out-of-state candidates residing outside of Phoenix, AZ.
Starting salary is $38,000 per year
- Process, review, and approve all Veterans Benefits applications
- Perform Compliance Audits of all VA student accounts to ensure accuracy and timely reporting of all student certifications to the Department of Veterans Affairs office
- Receive, document, and invoice government Direct Bill vouchers to appropriate billing agencies
- Work closely with all departments of the military division regarding military student questions
- Build rapport with government entities to establish long-term relationship
- Interface with internal/ external customer service on student inquiries
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university.
- 6 months related professional experience in higher education preferred.
- Minimum experience of 2 years in collections or A/R billing environment.
- A combination of work experience and education may be substituted.
- VA Certification, invoicing government agencies, A/R billing, or Military experience a plus.
- Proficient in the Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a goal driven and measured performance environment.
- Passion and determination to educate and deliver exceptional service.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and confident phone presence.
- Ability to multitask, quickly navigate multiple electronic systems and learn new processes.
- Critical thinking, problem solving and good judgment.
- Outstanding attention to detail and follow through.
- Able to work harmoniously in a team environment.
- Cannot be delinquent or in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report. If in a rehabilitation program, your credit report must reflect that you are current, not delinquent, on your payments.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.