University Admissions Counselor - Community Colleges - Traditional Ground Campus -Grand Canyon University
University Admissions Counselor - Community Colleges - Traditional Ground Campus - Grand Canyon University
Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational, and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families, and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
Join us at Grand Canyon Education and begin your career helping Grand Canyon University- Traditional Ground Campus students succeed! We are looking for a motivated University Admissions Counselor to oversee the Tucson, AZ territory in this unique remote opportunity. Starting salary is $47,500 - $55,000 per year with a tenure-based compensation plan that allows you to increase your earning potential upon the completion of each year-long recruitment cycle.
Who you are:
*Must live in or near Tucson, AZ*
You find fulfillment in serving others and are passionate about the power of education. You’ve demonstrated success as a team player who hustles, is adaptable to change, and does everything intentionally.
You know it’s not all about achieving (and often crushing!) your goals. While that does get you excited, what you really thrive on is making a positive impact on the world by helping community college students make one of the most important decisions in their lives through a quality education and community at Grand Canyon University’s campus in Phoenix, AZ.
Now is the time to bring your talents to Grand Canyon Education, where you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in your local community and play an integral role in helping Grand Canyon University students find their purpose from application through their first few weeks on campus. Here’s a taste of how you’ll make your mark as a University Admissions Counselor with us.
As a University Admissions Counselor, every counselor:
- Has a servant’s heart. You’ll be involved in the community through hosting and implementing event/activity plans for your territory that build awareness of our academic programs and campus community and drive inquiry generation. Through a variety of mediums, you will use your passion for serving others to provide exceptional counseling to prospective students and their families. Whether in-person, over the phone, via email, text or Zoom, you will champion the GCE mission, promoting Grand Canyon University student success and institutional growth.
- Hustles. You’ll be busy using your unique ability to connect with community college students, faculty and staff in local community colleges and engage all major stakeholders in your territory, while maintaining a full schedule that includes fairs, school visits, presentations, community/campus events and hosting campus visits.
- Bleeds purple. You’ll take pride in being the face of Grand Canyon University in your territory and will not only promote our transformation, but you will get to be a part of it.
- Is purposeful. This is a work from home role with ambitious targets! Working independently, you’ll be using your out-of-the-box critical thinking skills to support prospective Grand Canyon University campus students and families through the admissions process, guiding them on the right path towards a successful campus experience.
The role might be right for you if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree. No delinquent or in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report. If in a rehabilitation program, your credit report must reflect that you are current, not delinquent, on your payments.
- Outstanding time management and organization skills. In this role, you’ll be wearing many hats, so you’ll need to show that not only have you honed your time management skills, you also know how to organize and prioritize competing priorities even while travelling.
- Clear communication and engaging presentation skills. You can explain just about anything to anyone and you’re comfortable communicating in person, in writing and on the phone. You are confident and can engage any room while presenting no matter what audience is in front of you. You’ll also need to have well developed listening skills.
- Self-motivation and drive to succeed. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked and love to go above and beyond what’s expected. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with Grand Canyon University students and truly make a difference.
- High emotional intelligence. In this role, you’ll be coaching a diverse range of Grand Canyon University students and families, each with unique circumstances. You’ll also have relationships with community colleges and their staff to develop and nurture. Ability to demonstrate empathy is key to success in this role.
- A valid driver's license, reliable transportation, a flexible schedule and is willing to travel. Since this role requires extensive travel in your territory, you’ll need a clean driving record and ability to use your personal vehicle. Some events require evening and/or weekend availability. For those who reside outside of Phoenix, you can expect to travel here 1-3 times per month.
- Computer literacy. As part of a remote workforce, we rely on a number of digital tools to help you execute your work and keep you accountable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Bonus points if you have:
- Attended Grand Canyon University on campus and as an Alumni, can share your experience with prospective students.
- Relevant industry related professional experience.
- Experience working with CRM tools.
What we’ll offer in return:
- A career where your work makes a difference.
- A stable income with a good salary.
- Opportunity to own your part of the business without the risks of owning your own business.
- Ongoing professional development and growth.
- Outstanding benefits and work perks.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment. ...and more!