UI / UX Designer - US Remote Opportunity
What You Will Do:
- Conduct user testing and analysis of design solutions and site features with the goal of providing suggestions on areas of improvement for our users and ways to improve conversions
- Produce design deliverables such as wireframes, mockups, prototypes, user flows, and specs to clearly communication design intent and execution to various audiences
- Collaborate with various marketing department members including peer designers, developers, SEO and content specialists to balance business needs and end design solution
- Participate in daily standups, share and critique sessions, as well as brainstorm meetings
- Perform design QA on work executed by developers and communicate changes needed to uphold design specifications
- Prepare and optimize assets for use in CMS to design and build site pages
What You Will Have:
- A strong design portfolio that illustrates project goals or challenges and solutions resulting from an iterative design process as well as designs reflecting responsive work
- A highly communicative and collaborative disposition, receptive to feedback from peers and stakeholders and comfortable delivering feedback as well
- Expertise designing with a UX/UI design application such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD or similar and experience creating re-usable symbols or components and full component libraries
- Expertise documenting detailed design specs for developers including interaction states utilizing tools such as InVision or previously mentioned UX/UI apps.
- Ability to present design concepts, research discoveries, and test proposals to stakeholders and articulate design recommendations
- Familiarity and use of tools such as Google Analytics, HotJar, Mouseflow, FullStory, etc. to research and document user behaviors, trends, and pinpoint areas of opportunity
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing methods using tools such as Google Optimize, Optimizely, etc.
- Knowledge of user testing methods and ability to conduct surveys, first-click assessments, card sorting studies, etc. to inform design direction
- Experience working in an Agile environment and ability to meet project deadlines
- Knowledge of current web accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.1) and how they apply to design
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (web design, digital design, graphic design, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in web design or interface design.
- 2+ years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Demonstrate strong online portfolio touching on web, user interface, and UX design.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
#gce #gcu #webdeveloper #webdevelopment #UIdesign #UXdesign #UI/UX