UI / UX Designer - US Remote Opportunity
What You Will Do:
- Conduct user testing and analysis of design solutions and site features with the goal of providing suggestions on areas of improvement for our users and ways to improve conversions
- Produce design deliverables such as wireframes, mockups, prototypes, user flows, and specs to clearly communication design intent and execution to various audiences
- Collaborate with various marketing department members including peer designers, developers, SEO and content specialists to balance business needs and end design solution
- Participate in daily standups, share and critique sessions, as well as brainstorm meetings
- Perform design QA on work executed by developers and communicate changes needed to uphold design specifications
- Prepare and optimize assets for use in CMS to design and build site pages
What You Will Have:
- A strong design portfolio that illustrates project goals or challenges and solutions resulting from an iterative design process as well as designs reflecting responsive work
- A highly communicative and collaborative disposition, receptive to feedback from peers and stakeholders and comfortable delivering feedback as well
- Expertise designing with a UX/UI design application such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD or similar and experience creating re-usable symbols or components and full component libraries
- Expertise documenting detailed design specs for developers including interaction states utilizing tools such as InVision or previously mentioned UX/UI apps.
- Ability to present design concepts, research discoveries, and test proposals to stakeholders and articulate design recommendations
- Familiarity and use of tools such as Google Analytics, HotJar, Mouseflow, FullStory, etc. to research and document user behaviors, trends, and pinpoint areas of opportunity
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing methods using tools such as Google Optimize, Optimizely, etc.
- Knowledge of user testing methods and ability to conduct surveys, first-click assessments, card sorting studies, etc. to inform design direction
- Experience working in an Agile environment and ability to meet project deadlines
- Knowledge of current web accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.1) and how they apply to design
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (web design, digital design, graphic design, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in web design or interface design.
- 2+ years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Demonstrate strong online portfolio touching on web, user interface, and UX design.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
#gce #gcu #webdeveloper #webdevelopment #UIdesign #UXdesign #UI/UX
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.