Travel Manager - Grand Canyon Education
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a fulltime Travel Manager to join our team In Phoenix, AZ.
Who we are:
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational, and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector.
Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families, and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
What you will do:
- Manage RFP processes and contracts for airlines, hotels, car rentals, limo/ground services, travel agency; manages negotiations to secure best possible rates and service
- Manage travel expenditures of over $9 million dollars yearly
- Manage the relationship with all travel vendors and ensures adherence to the SLA agreements securing adjustments to service rates if necessary
- Manage the corporate travel program and updates policy and website as needed
- Develop and implement tools, reports, processes, and/or technology to streamline travel booking and reporting
- Identify savings opportunities and service enhancements, initiate process improvements and deployment of benchmarking best practices
- Monitor travel policy compliance and provide strategies to increase compliance
- Benchmark, analyze, monitor and report on travel expenditures and compliance
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports for corporate travel expenditures against budgets and forecasts
- Study quality of travel services on an ongoing basis to ensure travel service aligns with overall executive team expectations
- Oversee the process for securing travel and accommodations for new hires, employees, student athletic teams, company guests, board members, and other University sponsored travelers, both domestic and international travel
- Handle escalated issues regarding travel to ensure satisfactory resolution for all parties
- Coordinate the usage and reconciliation of the department’s travel credit cards
- Assist with the development and preparation of the annual preliminary budget for the Travel Team and other assigned functions; analyze and review budgetary and financial data; control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established limitations
- Willing to work weekends, holidays and evenings when on required rotating on call schedule
- Performs additional duties as required.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited higher education institution preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience as supervisor or lead
- Experience in utilizing airline booking software
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in booking group and individual air/hotel/car reservations
Why work at GCE:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
#travel #travelagent #travelcounselor #adminassistant #remote #traveladministrator #traveladvisor #gce #gcu #workfromhome #hybrid