Travel & Events Scheduling Associate (NFWS)
The Travel & Events Scheduling Associate will assist with booking guest arrival and departure flights, ensuring appropriate flight times based on Discover GCU event schedules. All candidates must be able to arrive on time for any and all scheduled shifts.
Primary Responsibilities /Accountabilities/ Essential Functions:
- Assist with booking guest arrival and departure flights, ensuring appropriate flight times based on Discover GCU event schedules
- Assist with building event agendas to ensure efficient scheduling of activities
- Assist with monitoring flights for changes that could affect the visitor itinerary
- Report all potential issues and obstacles of service operations to management
- Provide as needed support to Discover GCU Hotel departments and teammates to ensure an exceptional stay experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to demonstrate passion for providing exceptional customer service through every guest interaction.
- Demonstrate ability to go above and beyond to meet guest expectations.
- Provide a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Ability to learn the structure and function of Discover GCU.
- Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency, and accident prevention procedures.
- Ability to follow all OSHA procedures.
- Able to use fire extinguishers and any other emergency equipment needed to ensure personal and guest safety.
- MS Office Suite proficiency.
- Must be able to have flexible schedule which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays; rotating schedule will apply.
- Must have work authorization documents for United States.
- Must be able to write, read and speak English fluently.
Grand Canyon University is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
* Standing: 4-8 hours a day
* Walking: 4-8 hours a day
* Lifting: Frequently
* Carrying: Frequently
* Pushing: Frequently
* Bending: Frequently
* Squatting: Occasionally
* Kneeling: Occasionally
* Climbing: Rarely
* Reaching: Occasionally
* Grasping: Frequently
* Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
* Driving: Occasionally golf carts
* Work Environment: GCU Hotel on site. Work performed is inside / outside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2024