Traditional Classroom Operations Specialist
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education’s Office of Academic Records is seeking a full time Classroom Operations Specialist. This individual will be responsible for processing incoming requests and utilizing the Student Service Request System with expedient and accurate service.
- Responsible for section-building of ground and online classes
- Schedules classrooms for ground classes.
- Responsible for cohort class set up and management.
- Responsible for cross-listing of online sections.
- Responsible for roster consolidation and backfilling
- Coordinates wait-listing (ground).
- Coordinates lock registration.
- Coordinates and assists with the No-Show process for ground and online.
- Runs course pipeline to review and quality check all class sections.
- Maintains and utilizes the Astra scheduling software.
- Assists with the analysis of course size, and recommend adjustments based on retention data.
- Supports the Rio program - roster updates and coordination of section builds.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Two years’ relevant work experience in higher education preferred.
- An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisory approval.
- Good planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and/or in team environments.
- Good written communications skills with a good command of the English language.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite including Excel spreadsheets and a familiarity with software databases is helpful.
- Knowledgeable of CampusVue, or similar student information software is preferred.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish, or other non-English language including American Sign Language, is helpful but not required.
- Must pass pre-employment background checks.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000018195