Temporary Operations Assistant - K-12 Educational Development
Grand Canyon University is hiring for a Temporary Operations Assistant position for our K-12 Educational Development department. This position is responsible for managing the administrative, budgeting and operational duties of the department under the leadership of the department head.
Please Note: This is a 3 month temporary position and will start ASAP. This opening has flexibility for Part Time status, for the right candidate.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the department head and/or other department personnel including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the department personnel.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the department head, with internal/external partners as appropriate.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Department head, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the department and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the department’s head ability to lead the variety of outside partnerships.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Process all purchasing requests through appropriate Purchasing system in timely fashion for all department purchases.
- Submit expense reports for department head.
- Responsible for all logistical planning regarding department sponsored or partnership supported events; ensuring all resources are needed and informed to execute events flawlessly.
- Effectively communicates needs and acquires necessary information from contacts outside of department.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years administrative experience for highly visible organizational or educational department.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, and outside partnership key stakeholders
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with sound decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in computer Microsoft applications, e.g., Outlook, word, Powerpoint, etc. and ability to learn all other applications needed.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com