Technology Services - IT Support Tech (NFWS)
Grand Canyon University is seeking an IT Support Tech to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Technology Services department.
Purpose within the Organization:
The purpose of this position is to answer inbound calls, electronic requests, and in-person requests from staff, ground students and faculty requiring technical assistance to assist the IT Help Desk department.
Diagnose and resolve technical issues with email systems, MS Office applications, printing, GCU specific applications, telecommunications issues and equipment.
Educate staff on proper use of hardware and software.
Perform upgrades and maintenance on systems to ensure optimal performance.
Identify and escalate requests/incidents, track and route them appropriately.
Log all interactions with end users documenting issues, troubleshooting steps, and resolution.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- ?Lenovo laptops
- Macs (supported, but not used as primary equipment)
- Peripherals (e.g. keyboards, mice, monitors, printers)
- Audio-Visual (AV) equipment
Previous technical and customer service experience helpful.
Working knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365 helpful.
Be able to type 40 wpm.
Ability to learn quickly.
May be asked to work in different locations (transportation helpful).
Grand Canyon Education is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a bachelor’s program or master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
- Sitting: 6-7 hours a day
- Standing: 1-2 hours a day
- Walking: 1-2 hours a day
- Lifting: Occasionally
- Carrying: Occasionally
- Pushing: Occasionally
- Bending: Occasionally
- Squatting: Occasionally
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Grasping: Occasionally
- Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
- Driving: Occasionally
- Work Environment: Office building on site. Work is performed primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2023
Number Of Openings: 20