Technical Support Specialist II
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Level-Two Technical Support Specialist. This position provides telephone, e-mail, live chat and social media support to GCU faculty as well as handling escalated customer situations. This role must possess solid understanding of advanced troubleshooting skills, problem identification and analysis, ability to eliminate variables and develop effective problem resolution. Team members are required to achieve performance targets as outlined in the department’s operating guidelines.
- Specializes in Faculty Technical Support Calls, chats, emails, and social media.
- Assists Faculty with basic and advanced troubleshooting, ongoing issues, and provides guidance on classroom technology setup.
- Handles escalated and overflow calls for the department.
- Handles escalated issues and conducts advanced troubleshooting to effectively resolve problems; while at the same time handling initial calls as work volume demands.
- Handles escalated issues related to browser troubleshooting in relation to supported applications.
- Follows through and communicates with the user while working the problem to ensure successful and timely completion of the problem.
- Works with team members and other GCU departments on behalf of the customer to resolve issues;
- Evaluates case documentation and call monitoring according to standards of quality assurance; provides detailed case notes according to quality and procedural standards.
- Consistently meets minimum Quality Assurance expectations.
- Consistently meets first contact resolution metrics.
- Provides walk in support, answers calls, web issues, and live chats and provides problem resolution for training for University Supported Applications.
- Actively participates and supports process improvement initiatives and goals.
- Ability to work alternate shift hours as assigned and needed.
- Prepares required documentation related to customer requests and resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in a call center/help desk environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Must have a customer-focus, service orientation and professional and courteous manner.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with a customer-service focus and the ability to remain productive, professional, and positive under all circumstances.
- Significant knowledge and experience with a variety of business office applications and Internet utility software.
- Proven coaching/mentoring skills and leadership abilities.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-past, demanding environment.
- Available to work flexible hours. Shifts vary from 6:00 am to 12:30 am, seven days per week, including most holidays.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com