Technical Support Specialist I
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you a people person? Love to help others and a pioneer in technology? Grand Canyon University’s Technical Support Specialist may be the role for you! Our department is providing more resources, tools and support than ever! Many of the resources are available on all of our social platforms, with the goal to making the resources as accessible as possible. Sounds like a good fit? Apply today!
The Technical Support Specialist provides telephone, e-mail, live chat and social media support to GCU Students regarding their issues with online classroom access. Team members are required to achieve call center activity targets (calls answered, wait time) as outlined in the department’s operating guidelines.
What you'll do:
- Handles Technical Support Calls, chats, emails, and social media requests regarding online classroom access from students.
- Assists Students with basic and advanced troubleshooting, ongoing issues, and provides assistance on classroom technology setup.
- Handles advanced issues related to browser troubleshooting for supported applications.
- Follows through and communicates with the user while working the problem to ensure successful and timely completion of the problem.
- Works with team members and other GCU departments on behalf of the customer to resolve issues.
- Consistently meets first contact resolution metrics.
- Works alternate shift hours as assigned to handle the call in/ticket requests.
- Prepares required documentation related to customer requests and resolution and adheres to proper documentation guidelines.
- Determine when to escalate issues to management level for assistance.
- Inform management of persistent and recurring issues
- Effortlessly engage with callers, actively listen, analyze, and isolate tech issues
- Comfortably navigate multiple applications to research solutions
- Multitask in systems while patiently providing step-by-step instructions
- Calmly provide conflict resolution
- Navigate frustrated customer situations
- Work independently with discipline in a virtual environment
- Work in a highly structured environment with strict adherence to your assigned full-time schedule taking high-volume inbound calls from customers.
- Work at a desk, wearing a wired headset, while talking to customers in a high-volume, fast-paced, and sometimes stressful environment
What you'll need:
- Must have a customer-focus, service orientation and professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to work on simultaneous multiple cases effectively
- Solid problem solving/trouble shooting skills with strong attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate personal ownership of all customers’ issues and follow through to obtain desired results
- Skilled in determining why and how, what steps or procedures are required in problem resolution.
- Ability to learn University E-Learning software and applications.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced call center environment
- Willingness and ability to work assigned shifts which may consist of weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to transmit information accurately and understandably.
- Team player with adaptability to changes in workload, systems, and processes.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and remain detail-oriented.
- Self-motivated, positive, and friendly demeanor; ability to remain calm and professional in all situations.
- Call center or technical support experience highly desirable.
- Must be able to pass pre employment background check.
- Previous experience with University e-learning environments and software preferred but not required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following physical demands are estimated by the amount of time spent. Usually, the amount of time spent will be estimated on a daily basis but depending on the position could be estimated on a weekly basis or a monthly basis.
Constantly: 60%+ or 5-8 hrs/shift Occasionally: 10%-25% or 1-2 hrs/shift
Frequently: 25%-60% or 4-5 hrs/shift Rarely: <10% or less than 2 hrs/shift
Why work at GCU?
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms at all our office locations