Technical Support Specialist 1
- Amazing benefits such as Paid time off starting at 15 days of Paid Time off (PTO) and up to 40 hours of Personal Time (PT) plus 11½ paid holidays per year
- Earn your degree using our exceptional tuition benefit; also available to your qualifying dependents
- Be a part of a fun & fast paced environment
- Growth opportunity
- Benefits that included access to medical, dental and vision coverage (Full Time)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking Technical Support Specialists. The Technical Support Specialist provides telephone, e-mail, live chat and social media support to GCU Students regarding their issues with online classroom access. Team members are required to achieve call center activity targets (calls answered, wait time) as outlined in the department’s operating guidelines.
Hours of operation are Monday - Friday 6:00am - 12:00am and Saturday and Sunday 7:00am to 12:00am
- Handles Technical Support Calls, chats, emails, and social media requests regarding online classroom access from students.
- Assists Students with basic and advanced troubleshooting, ongoing issues, and provides assistance on classroom technology setup.
- Handles advanced issues related to browser troubleshooting for supported applications.
- Follows through and communicates with the user while working the problem to ensure successful and timely completion of the problem.
- Works with team members and other GCU departments on behalf of the customer to resolve issues.
- Consistently meets first contact resolution metrics.
- Works alternate shift hours as assigned to handle the call in/ticket requests.
- Prepares required documentation related to customer requests and resolution and adheres to proper documentation guidelines.
- Determine when to escalate issues to management level for assistance.
- Inform management of persistent and recurring issues.
- Effortlessly engage with callers, actively listen, analyze, and isolate tech issues.
- Comfortably navigate multiple applications to research solutions.
- Multitask in systems while patiently providing step-by-step instructions.
- Calmly provide conflict resolution.
- Navigate frustrated customer situations.
- Work independently with discipline in a virtual environment.
- Work in a highly structured environment with strict adherence to your assigned full-time schedule taking high-volume inbound calls from customers.
- Work at a desk, wearing a wired headset, while talking to customers in a high-volume, fast-paced, and sometimes stressful environment
- Call center or technical support experience highly desirable.
- Must be able to pass pre employment background check.
- Previous experience with University e-learning environments and software preferred but not required.
- Must have a customer-focus, service orientation and professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to work on simultaneous multiple cases effectively
- Solid problem solving/trouble shooting skills with strong attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate personal ownership of all customers’ issues and follow through to obtain desired results
- Skilled in determining why and how, what steps or procedures are required in problem resolution.
- Ability to learn University E-Learning software and applications.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced call center environment
- Willingness and ability to work assigned shifts which may consist of weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to transmit information accurately and understandably.
- Team player with adaptability to changes in workload, systems, and processes.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and remain detail-oriented.
- Self-motivated, positive, and friendly demeanor; ability to remain calm and professional in all situations.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.