Technical Support Quality Coach
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is looking for a Technical Support Quality Coach. The Quality Coach is responsible for daily monitoring of customer interactions to ensure the technical support representatives are handling calls, efficiently and courteously. Also, audits phone conversations for compliance with corporate policies, procedures, and applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Coaches and mentors student worker staff individually or in groups by providing feedback on the following:
- Quality Audit findings of customer interactions
- Weekly training performance
- Y-connect calls
- Review of daily/weekly customer interaction metrics
- Creates detailed documentation of coaching meetings.
- Provides feedback (positive and constructive) on handling of calls and troubleshooting.
- Assists student worker staff with basic and advanced troubleshooting by answering questions through internal help tickets.
- Handles escalation calls and helps de-escalate caller, assists with advanced troubleshooting.
- Assists customers through multiple avenues such as phones, emails, chats, and social media.
- Chat coordination - Assists with account creation in Zendesk, updates tickets for necessary changes.
- Maintains adequate floor coverage by accommodating break and lunch scheduling depending on the queue.
- Other tasks as delegated by management.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in a call center/help desk environment.
- Must have a customer-focus, service orientation and professional and courteous manner.
- Knowledge of University e-learning environments and software employed highly preferred, and/or a willingness to thoroughly learn software.
- Must be able to work assigned shifts which may consist of weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000015765