Dynamics CRM Business Analyst
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking a Technical Business Analyst with deep expertise in Microsoft Dynamics CRM / Dynamics 365 for Sales. The role will be critical in moving GCE forward with its Dynamics 365 adoption. Currently, all processes exist on CRM 2011 with a planned upgrade to Dynamics 365 for Sales. As a business analyst you’ll meet with business stakeholders to understand critical business requirements and map to capabilities available via Dynamics 365 or outline a custom solution.
- Elicit requirements using a variety of tools from stakeholders to define a solution.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from underlying needs.
- Communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following: business requirements documents, functional requirement documents, use cases, GUI, Screen and interface designs.
- Engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Serve as the conduit between the customers and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates.
- Collaborate with development and other SME to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Support management and senior business analysts in achieving business goals, and applying departmental guidelines and processes.
- 4-year degree preferred.
- Proven history with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (now Dynamics 365 for Sales) is required.
- Experience with multiple versions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM as far back as CRM 2011 up through D365 is preferred.
- Prior Dynamics CRM upgrade experience is preferred.
- Prior Dynamics CRM on-premise experience is preferred.
- Minimum of five years professional experience defining business requirements for software applications.
- Minimum of one-year development experience (needs to be able to understand how to speak to developers)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and advanced expertise/utilization of use of Microsoft Visio and Excel.
- Must be able to explain SDLC.
- Proficient in technical writing (requirements, design, test case and script creation).
- Solid understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation, quality assurance and production support.
- Professional experience presenting requirements to stakeholders and resolving issues.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000018169