Teacher Placement Counselor
Come Grow With Us!
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: Include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Handles a high volume of out-bound and in-bound student calls while meeting GCU customer service standards.
* Reviews and discusses with the students site selection preferences for their student teaching assignment. Determines feasibility of site selection or makes recommendations for other selections.
* Confirms placement assignment and coordinates transition of student teacher to Teacher Education Specialists to handle ongoing communication during teaching assignment.
* Coordinates securing needed documentation for affiliation agreements with school districts.
* Informs student teachers of COE expectations, required preparation including additional district requirements during the placement process.
* Assists with placement arrangements of the student with the cooperating school district, principal and/or teacher.
* Coordinates site supervisor contact and information and student success with the Field Experience Specialists.
* Establishes rapport and positive relationships with students and partnerships with internal stakeholders.
* Creates and maintain relationships with schools and school districts to assist in the placement of College of Education students.
* Encourages students to ensure they are on track with meeting specific placement requirements.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Excellent customer services, business interaction skills and ability to effectively answer and respond to high volume calls.
* Good planning and organizational skills.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize and successfully manage assigned caseloads.
* Ability to develop positive student relationships and partnerships with internal stakeholders.
* Ability to work cohesively in a team-based environment.
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
* Effective communications skills.
* Self motivated and action oriented.
* Ability to maintain highly sensitive or confidential student information.
* Proficient with standard office computer programs.
* Ability to communicate in a non-English language is helpful, but not required.
* Willingness to work in a call center.
* Ability to learn and apply complex information related to GCU-COE’s policies, processes and practices.
* Must be able to pass background investigations.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
* Six months’ related work experience such as a high-volume in-bound/out-bound call center and preferably in higher education.