Teacher Placement Counselor - Online Division - College of Education
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
While these positions are Phoenix, AZ based roles, we are currently in a remote status. This position may require you to be in the office 2 days per week (subject to change) and/or there also may be department meetings or training's that require in-person attendance (proper health and safety measures will be followed), in which advance notice will be provided. New hire training will remain remote through September 2021 with more information to come.
Grand Canyon Education's College of Education, Online Operations is seeking a Teacher Placement Counselor.
- Handles a high volume of outbound and inbound student calls while meeting GCE customer service standards.
- Reviews and discusses with the student's site selection preferences for their student teaching assignment. Determines feasibility of site selection or makes recommendations for other selections.
- Confirms placement assignment and coordinates the transition of student teacher to Teacher Education Specialists to handle ongoing communication during teaching assignments.
- Coordinates securing needed documentation for affiliation agreements with school districts.
Informs student teachers of COE expectations, required preparation including additional district requirements during the placement process.
- Assists with placement arrangements of the student with the cooperating school district, principal, and/or teacher.
- Coordinates site supervisor contact and information and student success with the Field Experience Specialists.
- Establishes rapport and positive relationships with students and partnerships with internal stakeholders.
- Creates and maintains relationships with schools and school districts to assist in the placement of College of Education students.
- Encourages students to ensure they are on track with meeting specific placement requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 6 months of related experience (Call Center, In/Out Bound, Customer Service) preferred
- One to three years’ experience servicing students in the education industry preferred
- A passion for assisting others in realizing their goals through higher education
- Ethical has integrity and is compliance-focused
- Self-directed professional that possesses and exercises high-level communication skills
- Enjoys a fast-paced dynamic work environment
- Capable of spending four or more hours on the phone assisting students
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and deal with ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to listen, understand and overcome obstacles
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in the Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, and ability to toggle between multiple screens.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement, and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Starting salary: $43,000
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.