Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a System Administrator with the abilities to design, code, test, deploy, document, and support APIs & Integrations between GCU, GCE, Orbis and 3rd party applications. The ideal candidate is a professional with a flexible and adaptable mindset, has enterprise data integration skills and has project experience. Enjoys problem-solving, is creative, and has a willingness to take initiative and can work without supervision. The ideal candidate is organized, and has good verbal and written communication skills. This is a hybrid position and requires the ability to be onsite one day per week.
What you will do:
- Knowledge of installing, configuring, and monitoring of Windows Servers and applications:
- Microsoft Windows Server & Azure Administration
- Installation and Configuration of Enterprise Applications
- Occasional VMware vSphere Support
- Management of IIS App Pools
- PowerShell Scripting
- Troubleshooting complex technical systems, network, or application problems.
- Experience dealing with new and/or existing integrations using Boomi, APIs, REST, and other integration platforms.
- Develops, deploys, and maintains integration processes between applications across the cloud and on-premises applications and data sources.
- Monitors the daily syncs and makes sure that any interruption will be remediated in a timely manner.
- Works closely with vendors and internal resources to debug and resolve technical issues.
- Collaborates with various cross-functional teams to define and resolve integration issues & requirements.
- Collaborates with our project managers and business partners to improve processes through automated integrations.
- Understands integration requirements to configure data and mappings as per clients’ requirements.
- Helps with web services or any development required for a data integration.
- Works with third-party APIs and/or web services.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S.) in Information Technology or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience with integration platforms, to include experience with real-time data streaming pipelines, message broker and applications that adapt to the data streams.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing and developing high-volume web services using API Protocols and Data Formats (REST, JSON, SOAP & XML).
- Proven ability to read and understand data formats and structures such as JSON, XML, flat files, and how they relate to business processes.
- Detailed understanding of Web Services such as REST, SOAP, and API Communication protocols like SFTP, FTP, HTTP/S, File I/O, WAN, and others.
- Experience with Windows, Linux, SQL, ETL tools, SSIS, and Postman.
Why work at GCE:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program