SW Online Junior Counselor Satellite Campuses Admissions (NFWS)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking a Online Junior Counselor (NFWS) to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Satellite Campus - Student Services Department.
Purpose within the Organization:
The purpose of this position is to assist the Student Services Team in the Satellite Campus - Student Services Department with active students within the prerequisite portion of the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Grand Canyon University.
Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
- Handle various reports and accounts within the ABSN active student population.
- Provide academic support to students by answering questions, reading and providing feedback about work, and clarifying schedule issues with Student Service Counselors.
- Represent GCU in a support capacity while engaging prospective students upon direction of an immediate supervisor.
- Organize time effectively so all prioritized work is completed in a timely manner and desired tasks are achieved to ensure service quality.
- Work well in a team environment, often communicating with other campus departments and leadership.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- Laptop and Monitors used for daily role
- Adhere to all GCE communication standards and policy
- FERPA regulations and Compliance standards must be adhered to
- >3.0 institutional GPA.
- Be a Sophomore or Junior at Grand Canyon University
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment (organized and adaptable).
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite; other systems knowledge desired.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Previously completed general chemistry, general biology, statistics, and probability courses with ability to tutor other students in these courses.
Grand Canyon Education is committed to a student first policy.
Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
Sitting: 4-8 hours a day
Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Never
Work Environment: Office building on site on occasion per team need, but rare. Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Pay Rate: $15 an hour
Number of Openings: 2
Manager: Student Services - Satellite Campus