SW Online Junior Counselor (NFWS)
The Junior Enrollment Representative will work as part of a team led by a full-time University Development Representative, University Counselors, Student Service Counselors, and Managers to support GCU’s students to attend the non-traditional campus.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities/Essential Functions:
- Represent GCU in a support capacity while engaging prospective students upon direction of an immediate supervisor.
- Effectively build relationships and trust over the phone with students who may not be familiar with GCU.
- Proficiently use University systems to execute multiple tasks for recruitment purposes. Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Process University information and communicate it with prospective students in an approachable and simplified manner to eliminate obstacles and misunderstandings in the enrollment process.
- Organize time effectively so all prioritized work is completed in a timely manner and desired tasks are achieved to ensure service quality. Work well in a team environment, often communicating with other campus departments and leadership. Assist with the collection of admissions paperwork and other documents so student milestones are achieved in a timely manner. Other enrollment duties as assigned.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- MS Excel
- 3.0 institutional GPA.
- Current Sophomore, Junior, or Senior at Grand Canyon University.
- Ability to work on weekdays between the hours of 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm (shifts can vary by employee) and Saturdays between the hours of 8:00 am- 12:00 pm as needed.
- Strongly prefer candidates who desire to work full-time for GCU as an Enrollment Representative after graduation.
- Ideal candidate is highly motivated, with a passion for student success and GCU’s mission.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment (organized and adaptable).
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite; another systems knowledge desired.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Grand Canyon University is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a bachelor’s program or master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
- Sitting: 5 hours a day
- Sitting: 5 hours a day
- Standing: 1-2 hours a day
- Walking: 1-2 hours a day
- Lifting: Occasionally
- Carrying: Occasionally
- Pushing: Occasionally
- Bending: Occasionally
- Squatting: Rarely
- Kneeling: Rarely
- Climbing: Rarely
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Grasping: Frequently
- Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
- Driving: Occasionally, Rarely
- Work Environment: Office building on site. Work performed is primarily inside, and occasionally outside depending on events, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.