Student Worker Recruiter
Grand Canyon Education's Human Resources department is currently seeking a Talent Acquisition Associate. The Talent Acquisition Associate oversees the Student Worker Hiring Process for Grand Canyon University students. This role works directly with hiring managers from Grand Canyon University and Grand Canyon Education.
- Consults and partners with hiring managers and HR generalists / business partners to develop effective marketplace recruitment strategies.
- Utilizes applicant tracking system for job descriptions/ postings and creates and executes queries and searches for qualified candidates.
- Maintains open and frequent communications with business partners, human resources staff and any others on recruiting and hiring timelines.
- Prepares and implements strategies using multiple techniques including social media, GCU marketing databases, internal Workday databases, networks, etc. while meeting pre-determined SLAs for assigned clients.
- Screens talent pools to confirm qualifications, work authorization and other customized criteria.
- Coordinates, facilitates and/or participates in job fairs in support of recruiting strategies.
- Provides reporting on key sourcing and recruiting metrics by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends for continuous improvement.
- Partners with client organizations to provide, promote and ensure a positive experience in meeting staffing goals.
- Ensures legal compliance with federal and state requirements.
- Recommends solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the recruiting life cycle.
- Performs eligibility and hours worked audits to ensure compliance with Student Worker requirements.
- Works with HR communications to develop and send out communications.
- Handles non-routine and confidential information and ensures the confidentiality of employee information is maintained.
- Supports Campus Recruiters as schedule permits.
- Performs other related assignments as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management and/or Business Administration or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Human Resources customer service role.
- Prior talent acquisition/human resources experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience in entering, maintaining and managing day-to-day activities in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) or Applicant Tracking Systems (Workday experience desired for both HCM & ATS).
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize in a high volume environment.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.