Student Services Manager - Central- Online Division
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
GCE’s Online Division is seeking a Student Services Manager with previous supervisory or management experience. In this role you will directly supervise Student Services Advisors who counsel current and prospective online students on their degree program requirements, course selection and financial aid application process within a fast-paced telephone based environment.
While this position is a Phoenix, AZ based role, we are currently in a remote status. This position may require you to be in the office 2 days per week (subject to change) and/or there also may be department meetings or training's that require in-person attendance (proper health and safety measures will be followed), in which advance notice will be provided.
- Manages, motivates and ensures assigned staff meets goals through mentoring, advising, counseling and communicating.
- Maintains a positive and professional image of the University to the public and potential students.
- Works with GCU’s admissions team to enable seamless processes for contacts and prospects.
- Contributes to new students’ experience and positively impacts retention by acting as an advocate for GCU.
- Remains current with GCU’s programs and is able to inform SSCs about programs and requirements.
- Devises strategies to assist SSCs in helping students get financially cleared to start a course
- Follows up to ensure operational training content is being applied by team and coaches as needed individual team members who are struggling.
- Ensures institutional and federal compliance by all team members.
- Handles escalated student issues and problem solves with SSCs in handling student concerns.
- Performs quality control of phone calls and emails
- Generates reports to review statuses for all new and continuing students through program completion to ensure SSCs are handling students as necessary.
- Serves as a primary point of contact for all GCU staff who seek information about Student Services operations
- Interacts and strategizes regularly with University Counseling Managers, OAR and Financial Aid to eliminate obstacles in operational procedures.
- Participates in regular recruiting and interviewing activities to keep team staffed.
- Ensures all team members are incorporating all new processes and procedures into daily operational workflow.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in counseling students either academically or financially within higher education preferred.
- Prior experience managing and mentoring staff preferred.
- Cannot be delinquent or in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report. If in a rehabilitation program, your credit report must reflect that you are current, not delinquent, on your payments.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.