Student Services Counselor- Traditional Ground Campus
Student Services Counselor- Traditional Ground Campus
Join us at Grand Canyon Education and begin your career helping Grand Canyon University- Traditional Ground Campus students succeed! We are looking for a motivated Student Services Counselor to provide academic and finance counseling in this unique campus-based opportunity. Starting salary is $43,000 per year with a tenure and student count-based compensation plan that allows you to increase your earning potential.
Who you are:
You’re a service-focused team player who is passionate about the power of education. You’ve demonstrated success in solving problems and providing comprehensive support to help people meet their individual goals.
You know it’s not all about going above and beyond to provide the best service possible. While that does get you excited, what you really thrive on is using your exceptional communication and counseling skills to help Grand Canyon University campus students’ stay focused towards attaining their college degree.
Now is the time to bring your talent to Grand Canyon Education, where you’ll have the opportunity to play an integral role in supporting Grand Canyon University students on their journey towards walking across the stage in their cap and gown to receive their diploma. Here’s a taste of how you’ll make your mark as a Student Services Counselor with us.
As a Student Services Counselor, every counselor:
- Has a servant’s heart. You’ll be involved in Grand Canyon University’s campus community through building relationships with students and faculty and providing individualized counseling about academic progression requirements and payment options. Through a variety of mediums, you will use your passion for serving others to provide exceptional support students and their families. Whether in-person, over the phone, via email, text or Zoom, you will champion the GCE mission, celebrating programmatic milestones that are pivotal to Grand Canyon University student success and institutional growth.
- Hustles. You’ll be busy using your unique ability to multitask many priorities and will work as a team with admissions staff to monitor your assigned students’ progress, all while maintaining a full schedule that includes strategizing ways to help students meet their academic progression requirements and financial obligations in order to stay on track to graduate.
- Bleeds purple. You’ll take pride in being the champion for your assigned students and will not only get to see their transformation from Grand Canyon University student to alumni, but you will get to be a part of it.
- Is purposeful. This is a campus-based role with ambitious service targets! Working independently, you’ll be using your out-of-the-box critical thinking skills to support Grand Canyon University campus students and families by identifying and resolving potential issues that could prevent them from attaining a college degree.
The role might be right for you if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Outstanding customer service, organization and time management skills. In this role, you’ll be wearing many hats, so you’ll need to show that not only have you honed your organization and time management skills, you also know how to provide exceptional service.
- Clear communication skills. You can explain just about anything to anyone and you’re comfortable communicating in person, in writing and on the phone. You’ll also need to have well developed listening skills.
- Self-motivation and drive to succeed. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with Grand Canyon University students and truly make a difference.
- High emotional intelligence. In this role, you’ll be coaching a diverse range of Grand Canyon University students, each with unique circumstances. You’ll also have families, admissions staff and faculty relationships to develop and nurture. Ability to demonstrate empathy is key to success in this role.
- Computer literacy. As part of a remote workforce, we rely on a number of digital tools to help you execute your work and keep you accountable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Bonus points if you have:
- Attended Grand Canyon University on campus and as an Alumni, can relate to students.
- Relevant industry related professional experience.
- Experience working with CRM tools.
What we’ll offer in return:
- A career where your work makes a difference.
- A stable income with a good salary.
- Ongoing professional development and growth.
- Outstanding benefits and work perks.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment. ...and more!
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.