Student Services Counselor- Online Division
Student Services Counselor - Online Division
Join us at Grand Canyon Education and begin your career helping Grand Canyon University students succeed! We are looking for a motivated Student Services Counselor to work directly with our current and prospective online students to advise them on degree program requirements, course selection and finance counseling. Starting salary is $43,000 per year, with an earning potential of $70,000 after several successful years of service.
Who you are:
You’re a goal-getter who is passionate about the power of education. You’ve demonstrated prior success in providing excellent customer service and problem solving.
You know it’s not all about achieving (and often crushing!) your goals. While that does get you excited, what you really thrive on is using your exceptional communication and coaching skills to help Grand Canyon University online students’ level up in their lives through quality education.
Now is the time to bring your talent to Grand Canyon Education, where you’ll have the opportunity to play an integral role in providing Grand Canyon University students the roadmap for success from the beginning their degree program until graduation. Here’s a taste of how you’ll make your mark as a Student Services Counselor with us.
As a Student Services Counselor, a typical week might include the following:
- Strategy and execution. You’ll be consistently counseling continuing students regarding University policy and procedures, payment options (focused on responsible borrowing), and ensuring progress throughout their program. You’ll be responsible for financially clearing students, which will incorporate funding strategies including collecting any required paperwork, documents for progression requirements, and selected payment options (including financial aid reapplication). In this role you’ll work in a fast-paced environment while working cross-functionally with admissions staff and other departments.
- Partner and influencer. Through a variety of mediums, you will use your passion for serving others to provide exceptional counseling to prospective students. Whether over the phone or via email, you will champion the GCE mission, promoting Grand Canyon University student success and institutional growth.
- Heart and Hustle. You’ll serve as a student advocate while navigating through University policies and procedures. You will ensure all related matters to academic compliance are resolved prior to each students’ course start date, incorporating intervention strategies, as needed, to help keep students in attendance and progressing toward their scheduled graduation date. You'll exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and persuade. You have the driven ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment with constant phone and email contact with students daily.
The role might be right for you if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Outstanding customer service, organization and time management skills. In this role, you’ll be wearing many hats, so you’ll need good customer service, time management, excellent planning, organizational, multi-tasking, case-management and follow up skills to meet required timelines.
- Clear communication skills. You possess superior customer service skills along with the ability to represent the GCE/GCU brand in a highly professional manner coupled with well-developed listening skills.
- Self-motivation and drive to succeed. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You take ownership of the time you spend with Grand Canyon University students and truly make a difference.
- High emotional intelligence. In this role, you’ll be coaching a diverse range of Grand Canyon University students, each with unique circumstances. Ability to demonstrate empathy is key to success in this role.
- Computer literacy. As part of a remote workforce, we rely on a number of digital tools to help you execute your work and keep you accountable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Bonus points if you have:
- Relevant industry related professional experience.
- Experience working with CRM tools.
What we’ll offer in return:
- A career where your work makes a difference.
- A stable income with a good salary.
- Ongoing professional development and growth.
- Outstanding benefits and work perks.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment. ...and more!
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.