Student Intake Specialist
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education’s Office of Academic Records is seeking a full time Student Intake Specialist. This position has responsibility for collecting information about a new or returning student to ensure admissions and matriculation criteria are met and student records are accurate. The Student Intake Specialist is customer-focused and ensures a positive and seamless experience for students and applicants on the front end of the enrollment process. This position will work 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at our 27th avenue location.
- Understand and apply GCU admission requirements accurately to all student applications.
- Process all the necessary steps to matriculation in accordance with GCU’s workflow, policies and requirements.
- Ensure full compliance with GCU’s application processing regulations and Department of Education guidelines.
- Contribute to the development of GCU admissions processes and systems.
- Individuals must be willing and capable of performing the duties of either role.
- Review applications within 2 hours after submission to ensure admissions criteria are met.
- Requests transcripts the same day the application is processed.
- Contact students and/or parents as needed to respond to related inquiries or provide pertinent application, transcript status, and program information to students during the application process.
- Respond to inquiries regarding student records including but not limited to admission criteria and transcript statuses, while observing students’ privacy.
- Follow up on obtaining students’ missing transcripts and any other required documentation as related to the admission file for matriculation preparation.
- Interact with internal and external customers regarding the resolution of missing admission file documents.
- Ability to become familiar and proficient with GCU student databases, admissions policies and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) within a short period of time.
- Process FERPA verifications/updates as required.
- Maintain confidential student information.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of one year work experience in a business environment.
- Ability to communicate in a non-English language is helpful but not required.
- Ability to operate to the highest levels of customer care and absolute commitment to meeting strict response deadlines.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Able to dedicate long periods in front of a computer.
- Excellent communications skills along with a good command of the English language.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, ability to work in a team environment in a collaborative and cohesive manner, ability to cope with changing priorities professionally and to multi-task and to maintain composure while under deadline pressure.
- Basic computer skills including proficiency with MS Office Suite and ability to type 45 wpm.
- Adaptable to changing responsibilities with the advancement of technological improvements.
- Ability to accept and adapt to various work schedules outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to pass a background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University