Student Intake Specialist
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education’s Office of Academic Records is seeking a full time Student Intake Specialist. This position has responsibility for collecting information about a new or returning student to ensure admissions and matriculation criteria are met and student records are accurate. The Student Intake Specialist is customer-focused and ensures a positive and seamless experience for students and applicants on the front end of the enrollment process. This position will work 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the location our 27th avenue location.
- Understand and apply GCU admission requirements accurately to all student applications.
- Process all the necessary steps to matriculation in accordance with GCU’s workflow, policies and requirements.
- Ensure full compliance with GCU’s application processing regulations and Department of Education guidelines.
- Contribute to the development of GCU admissions processes and systems.
- Individuals must be willing and capable of performing the duties of either role.
- Review applications within 2 hours after submission to ensure admissions criteria are met.
- Requests transcripts the same day the application is processed.
- Contact students and/or parents as needed to respond to related inquiries or provide pertinent application, transcript status, and program information to students during the application process.
- Respond to inquiries regarding student records including but not limited to admission criteria and transcript statuses, while observing students’ privacy.
- Follow up on obtaining students’ missing transcripts and any other required documentation as related to the admission file for matriculation preparation.
- Interact with internal and external customers regarding the resolution of missing admission file documents.
- Ability to become familiar and proficient with GCU student databases, admissions policies and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) within a short period of time.
- Process FERPA verifications/updates as required.
- Maintain confidential student information.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of one year work experience in a business environment.
- Ability to communicate in a non-English language is helpful but not required.
- Ability to operate to the highest levels of customer care and absolute commitment to meeting strict response deadlines.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Able to dedicate long periods in front of a computer.
- Excellent communications skills along with a good command of the English language.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, ability to work in a team environment in a collaborative and cohesive manner, ability to cope with changing priorities professionally and to multi-task and to maintain composure while under deadline pressure.
- Basic computer skills including proficiency with MS Office Suite and ability to type 45 wpm.
- Adaptable to changing responsibilities with the advancement of technological improvements.
- Ability to accept and adapt to various work schedules outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to pass a background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.