Student Contact Center - Call Center Specialist (NFWS)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking a Call Center Specialist to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Student Contact Center. The purpose of this position is to assist the Student Contact Center by answering all incoming calls to the University's main number, GCE line, any other specialized lines that may be established, in addition to support incoming chats. Our goal is to support all internal and external customers with exceptional customer service while directing calls and chat to the appropriate department. The contact center hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 8am-noon.
The purpose of this position is to transition student workers to full-time employees upon graduation. This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship. Therefore, F-1 students will not be considered for this position. F-1 students may apply to other student worker positions.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities/Essential Functions:
- Answers, screen, and route calls from students, prospective students and personnel in a timely and accurate manner.
- Enter potential student inquiries into inquiry management database with high quality and attention to detail.
- Conduct Live Chat conversations with students and prospective students by responding with professional and accurate responses.
- Possess a level of communication skills to accurately collect, relay, and track information as necessary.
- Display strong communication skills; aptitude to demonstrate empathy, active listening skills, and clear and concise dialog.
- Maintain contact center quality standards; effective call control, verbiage, routing, and customer service to establish meeting or exceeding metrics.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- MS Office
- Jabber-phone system
Exhibit a professional, positive, and friendly demeanor. Must be dependable, punctual, and customer service oriented.
Strong multitasking skills and ability to navigate in multiple systems.
Action oriented/problem solving skills.
Strong Verbal communication and customer service skills.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Grand Canyon Education is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
- Sitting: 4-6 hours a day depending on schedule.
- Standing: 1-2 hours
- Walking: 1-2 hours
- Work Environment: Office building on site. Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Number of Openings: 20
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2023
Manager: Student Contact Center - Student Contact Center Manager