Student Advisor - Online Single Course Division
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking a full time Student Advisor to work directly with current and prospective non-degree students. In this role you are responsible for advising students on non-degree programs, services and course options along with providing full customer service assistance with registration and scheduling. You will also provide information about GCU’s policies and procedures and assist students with financial payment processes and options as applicable to non-degree services.
Starting salary is $40,000 per year
- Counsels new and continuing non degree students regarding University policy and procedures, registration, course requirements and payment options.
- Collects all required paperwork and documents for registration and selected payment options.
- Academically clears all admissions and academic compliance policy and procedures required prior to each course start date.
- Resolves any outstanding matters for students via multiple University departments, which may include the Office of Academic Records, Classroom Operations, the Colleges or others as required.
- Adheres to all University, state and federal guidelines and policies.
- Ensures students’ accounts are accurate and in good standing with plans in place if necessary.
- Collects and reviews required University payment option documents for accuracy. Maintains accounts to include balance resolution and accounts receivable collection and processing modifications through duration of program.
- Understands the operating procedures of other departments and incorporates those elements into daily workflow.
- Consistently meets deadlines and performance expectations set by University Leadership team
- Understands and learns all software programs/systems to effectively assistant students
- Achieves daily, weekly and monthly goals, as defined by supervisor and department objectives.
- Represents GCU as an educated advisor, familiar with higher education and assists students through the various steps as part of their decision-making process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Ability to advise students in a highly collaborative manner to select appropriate courses based upon articulated desires and interests and facilitate their decision making process.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment with constant phone contact with students on a daily basis.
- Must have good critical thinking, judgment and attention to detail.
- Excellent planning, organization, multi-tasking, and follow up skills to meet standard customer service turnaround times.
- Ability to work both independently, collaboratively and cooperatively as a team member and willing to learn and work other student services’ functions.
- Proficient with MS Office suite, (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and comfortable with navigating and maneuvering other databases and software becoming proficient with GCU systems within a short period of time.
- Must be available to work varied shifts, including evenings, weekends or holidays.
- Ability to successfully pass background investigations.
- Cannot be delinquent or in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report. If in a rehabilitation program, your credit report must reflect that you are current, not delinquent, on your payments.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Opportunities and Benefits:
- An excellent work/life balance with generous PTO, paid holidays and employee appreciation days
- Free access to our health and fitness center, which includes a Health and Wellness Specialist
- 100% tuition coverage for employees seeking undergraduate and graduate degrees; generous tuition coverage applicable towards spouse and dependents
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000021291