Student Accounts Specialist
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a full time Student Accounting Specialist. Working under general guidance, this position is responsible for maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the student ledger. The Student Accounts Specialist ensures timely and accurate evaluation of accounts; works with various departments and systems to reconcile and adjust student accounts as needed, resolves credit balances, processes student payments, and is expected to maintain compliance in adherence to internal and University policies and Federal regulations.
- Works various internal reports to make accounts receivable reconciliations and adjustments to student accounts within specified Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Communicates with operations/other departments regarding student accounts
- Maintains the integrity of student information systems through accurate transactions
- Resolves student accounts ensuring accurate reconciliation and updating in student database
- Adheres to accounting policies and procedures and regulatory requirements in all transactions
- Processes student credit card payments and refunds
- Processes refund/stipend checks and stop payments
- Applies funds to campus cards
- Answers phone for check verification purposes
- Collaborates with team members and management during daily processes and team meetings
- Works on special accounting projects as assigned
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school
- Minimum one year related experience in financial services. Experience in a higher education accounting services function desirable.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Strong analytical skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Solid skills in written and verbal communications.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks to achieve deadlines.
- Experience in processing in CampusVue or other student database required
- Knowledgeable of Department of Education Title IV regulations
- Action oriented/problem solving
- Ability to self-motivate and a desire to self-lead
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to manage a large work load
- Possess a professional attitude and demeanor
- Strong integrity and ethics
- Able to work in a highly collaborative team environment as a team player.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000020293