Student Accounting Specialist
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education’s Accounting department is seeking a full time Student Accounting Specialist. Working under general guidance, this position is responsible for maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the student ledger in CampusVue by creating, maintaining, and processing daily reports as well as working various projects related to student accounts as assigned. The Student Accounting Specialist assists with developing and documenting processes and procedures to maintain best practices. This role is also responsible for evaluating student accounts for stipend/refund checks and processing student payments. This position ensures the timely and accurate evaluation of accounts, works with operations to reconcile and adjust accounts as needed, resolves credit balances due to students and is expected to maintain compliance and adherence to University policies and government regulations.
- Analyze data to determine action that needs to be taken on student accounts
- Create, maintain, and process daily reports and assign as needed
- Process student stipend/refund checks
- Process student payments
- Assist in the development and documentation of processes and procedures
- Assist with processes to ensure compliance with Title IV issues and maintain best practices in accounts receivable
- Assist in quality assurance analysis to identify outstanding transactions and resolve these items
- Responsible for working various lists and projects related to student accounts as assigned by management
- Test system upgrades and new processes
- Uphold all University policies and guidelines
- Produce ad hoc analyses, reports, and data as needed.
- Stays abreast of current trends, government regulatory environments, technology and GCU/GCE policies and procedures.
- Assistance to other Student Accounting managers as needed as well as perform additional duties as assigned.
- Works directly with operations/other departments via phone, email, instant messenger, service management system and in person to make accounts receivable reconciliations and adjustments to student accounts.
- Builds rapport with operations and other departments.
- Maintains the integrity of the student information system as relates to scope of responsibility through transactions made on accounts.
- Troubleshoots student accounts.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school
- Minimum one year related experience in financial services. Experience in a higher education accounting services function desirable.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Strong analytical skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Solid skills in written and verbal communications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks to achieve deadlines.
- Experience in processing in CampusVue or other student database required
- Action oriented/problem solving
- Ability to self-motivate and a desire to self-lead
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to manage a large work load
- Possess a professional attitude and demeanor
- Strong integrity and ethics
- Able to work in a highly collaborative team environment as a team player.
- Must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com