- Adheres to all department and company policies and procedures.
- Analyze and adjust student accounts.
- Process student stipend/refund checks.
- Proactively contact university departments to maintain student accounts.
- Assist with processes to ensure compliance with Title IV issues and maintain best practices in accounts receivable.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with student service divisions.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports as needed on activities.
- Meet defined department goals and all established activity metrics.
- Ensure timely communication and follow up with student services divisions regarding student accounts.
- Assist with other miscellaneous projects as assigned by management.
- High school diploma required. Associate degree preferred.
- 6 months - 2 years’ related experience preferably in financial or accounting department and/or training in the principles and practices of accounting.
- Solid skills in written and verbal communications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks to achieve deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to complete job duties with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to utilize database software and/or advanced usage of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment as a team player.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000020986