Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions at Grand Canyon University is currently seeking part time Standardized Patients. A Standardized Patient is a trained individual who can accurately and consistently portray the history, personality, physical findings, emotional structure and response pattern of an actual patient, family member, health care provider, or needed role at a particular point in time. A Standardized Patient must be able to provide individualized feedback on interpersonal and clinical skills to nurse practitioner students and GCU Faculty.
Standardized patients must pass the required patient competencies before being deployed as a standardized patient. Training will be provided. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Nursing professionals
- Part-time work
What you will do:
- Portray all aspects of the patient scenario, including history of current problem, affect/behavior, and physical findings in a standardized, accurate, and reliable manner
- Provide written and face-to-face verbal feedback to the student and supervising faculty member
- Accept ongoing feedback and incorporate that feedback into case simulation
- Respond to e-mails in a timely fashion
- Be on time and keep scheduled appointments
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
What you need:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule of appointments - schedule will be provided in advance
- Reliable transportation and the ability to travel to scheduled facility - Sun City, AZ
- Tuberculosis (TB) clearance card or be willing and able to obtain and pass a TB test - GCU has an onsite Health Center that can assist with this
- High School Diploma
#parttime #part-time #actor #patient #acting #GCU #actress #nursing #nurse