Sr SEO Specialist - US Remote Opportunity
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
This position can be worked anywhere in the US - must be able to work between 7am - 6pm Mountain Standard Time.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a new Sr SEO Specialist. This position will work collaboratively with assigned marketing partners and university clients in planning, executing and overseeing search engine optimization initiatives on university partners web properties. The Sr. SEO Specialist works on the most complex digital marketing initiatives or works with higher visibility web properties, has extensive or in-depth knowledge of current SEO tools, technologies and strategies. Along with managing their own workload, the senior SEO specialist will help support and train new hires for the team as well as update current team members on new techniques or industry changes.
- Perform all essential functions of SEO role.
- Apply broad-based knowledge of digital marketing principles and techniques including SEO strategies that drive search engine visibility and help improve website speed and performance.
- Manage larger enterprise wide projects that span over many months or departments.
- Maintain and update vendor platforms such as site search tools as well as other backend systems that support SEO related efforts for all clients
- Manage client accounts which include development of presentations, strategy meetings and project meetings with clients.
- Distribute and manage monthly assignments for SEO team and documenting within Workamajig.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or related field required from a regionally accredited institution. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in SEO web marketing.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background screen.
- Proven experience executing digital marketing campaigns for a variety of audiences.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite, (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), MS Project or similar project management software, social media platforms.
- Proficient with Photoshop, Google Analytics, HTML/ CMS platforms.
- Extensive knowledge of analytics platforms such as Google Analytics or Adobe Omniture
- Working knowledge of Google Tag Manager or other tag management platforms such as Tealium in order to assist in larger analytics and tracking projects as needed
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with a team of developers for making adjustments to multiple websites.
- Able to utilize SEO tools such as Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, SEO Clarity and SEMrush
- Familiar with testing platforms such as Google Optimize or Acquia Personalization.
- Working knowledge of ux/ui platforms such as Hotjar or Fullstory.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships at all organizational levels.
- Excellent presentation skills to present a variety of information from simple to complex.
- Excellent oral and written communications, a good command of the English language and ability to provide clear communications among all stakeholders.
- Must be able to interact comfortably with senior leadership.
- Ability to think quickly and respond immediately in strategy and information meetings.
- Excellent planning, organizational and successful project management skills in order to translate, define, coordinate and manage project requirements based on stakeholders’ input.
- An ability to help clients to clearly define needs and objectives.
- Good attention to detail, analytical and networking skills.
- Applied knowledge of marketing analytics, ROI metrics and earned value assessment.
- An ability to work independently on a project or collaboratively as a team player and able to integrate with a diverse team with varying opinions and ideas.
- Good judgment and ability to accurately translate clients’ marketing needs.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends required.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
#seo #digitalmarketing #marketing #webmarketing #education #remote #workfromhome #gce #gcu
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.