Sr Multimedia Manager and Producer
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Sr Multimedia Manager and Producer. This position will be responsible for overseeing a team of managers and producers who steer multimedia projects through initial stages to completion. Using an array of multi-media tools and platforms, creates and produces high-quality, multi-media content that can be distributed through a variety of digital outlets as a means to market to prospective students, current students, alumni and other audiences relevant to clients. Responsible for maintaining resources including but not limited to Studio Facilities, Field Equipment, Multicamera Broadcasting and Streaming, Post-Production facilities with SAN, Studio and Location photography, cloud platforms for asset management, media sharing, and collaboration.
- Work in collaboration with Executive Creative Director (ECD) and provides overall direction for approved projects including producing, shooting and editing video.
- Actively involved in the planning and completion of all three phases of production; pre-production; production and post-production.
- Meet with GCE clients to obtain information about proposed projects; engages constructively with clients through offering development and production ideas; provides recommendation of creative solution to address University audiovisual targeted initiatives. Acts as a liaison between marketing and other client departments to provide best practices for video media.
- Scout shoot locations and assesses possible obstacles in filming. Obtains necessary approvals and consents. Shoot/Capture sound bites from a pool of demographic "subjects" which meet the creative direction and outcome of the multimedia project.
- Work within the project management system (Workimajig), video workflow cloud system (Frame.io) and digital asset management (Merlin) to track projects and provides necessary support or resources to fulfill requests
- Ensure technical equipment is available and ready for multimedia crew to produce final product. Work with multimedia producers to maintain multimedia asset library for storage, retention and access of all GCE multimedia assets.
- Manages video uploads for distribution sources.
- Analyze user response(s) to video assets (number of views, drop off rates, comments) across multiple channels, provides trend report to management and provides action plan for increasing user response as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university or college, or a relevant industry certification.
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant work experience which includes supervising a creative team and creative direction for video and photo production.
- Experience working with broad professionals including on-camera talent and production staff.
- Demonstrated ability to generate creative concepts and produce quality multimedia assets.
- Must have valid Driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Reliable transportation in order to travel to various off-site locations.
- Work overtime, evening, holiday or weekend hours as needed. Must travel (overnight) 25% of time.
- Portfolio of produced work is required.
- Demonstrated experience in managing or using a video content management system.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.