Sr Front End Developer - US Remote Opportunity
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education continues to grow and is adding a Sr Front End Developer to their team! The position oversees the activities of the front end development team and works closely with various members of the marketing department, including management, web design, back end development, and quality assurance to provide technical guidance, expertise and support. The Senior Front End Developer assists in mentoring the front-end development team on best practices, proper development procedures, and troubleshooting issues. They’ll constantly evaluate emerging technologies and avails strategic, innovative, and cost-effective solutions that increase the efficiency, reliability, and integration of the business’s sites/software.
Please Note: This remote opportunity can be worked from anywhere in the US.
- Responsible for architecting and defining the Front-end framework to solve complex designs and interactions that reflect the design work.
- Assist in project planning and execution throughout the entire software development life cycle.
- Responsible for mentorship and guidance to technical team members in all project activities.
- Identify new opportunities and develop innovative ideas for testing, automation, standardization, process and development.
- Be able to shift focus and get up to speed quickly.
- Be a collaborative thought leader in the front end technology space.
- Performs the day-to-day duties of a front end developer and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (computer science, information technology, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the following areas:
- web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- CSS pre-processing technologies such as LESS and SASS
- browser compatibility implications
- jQuery and Bootstrap frameworks
- front end task runners and build tools such as NPM, Grunt, Gulp, and/or Webpack
- translating front-end mock-ups and wireframes into functioning applications
- using GIT for source code management and resolving merge conflicts
- using browser development tools within each major browser
- W3C WCAG web accessibility requirements, SEO principals as it applies to front-end development and page rendering orchestration within a browser
- building & continuously improving user experience for responsive/device specific design
- application security from the web service and web application perspective.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
#tech #gce grandcanyoneducation #gcu #remote #workfromhome #frontenddeveloper #IT
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.