Software Support - Student Worker (NFWS)
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. (GCE) is seeking a Software Support - Student Worker to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Procurement and Travel Department.
Purpose within the Organization:
The purpose of this position is to assist the Procurement and Travel Department in managing multiple software, administering changes to increase efficiency, and configuring necessary components and software. Current department software includes: Coupa, SharePoint, Microsoft Office 365, DEEM, Great Plains, and any future software.
Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
· Assisting with custom programing, maintenance, and upgrades in department software
· Assist with data analytics as needed from department software
· Update Google Doc/Excel Spreadsheets.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Identifying potential issues with computer software
· Answering technical queries and assisting users with the department
· Responsibility for documenting the configuration and processes of software
· Troubleshooting any reported problems
· Ensuring parity between dev, test, and production environments
· Training department users as needed
· Plan and manage the machine room environment
· Must be available to work up to 20 hours per week during terms and up to 40 hours a week during breaks.
· Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, as well as internal and external customers.
· Prior experience working in Web Development, software support, and Excel
· Attention to detail/accuracy.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Knowledge of office work.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
· MS Office Suite
· Equipment and programs needed to function in the job
· Sitting: up to 8 hours a day
· Standing: 0 hours a day
· Walking: 0 hours a day
· Lifting: Rarely
· Carrying: Rarely
· Pushing: Never
· Bending: Rarely
· Squatting: Rarely
· Kneeling: Rarely
· Climbing: Never
· Reaching: Rarely
· Grasping: Never
· Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Occasionally
· Driving: Never
· Work Environment: Office building on site or Remote (dependent on work performance). Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Grand Canyon Education, Inc. is committed to a student first policy.
Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
· Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
· Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
· Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: Dec 31st, 2023
Number of Openings: 1
Manager: Procurement and Travel Support Services Manager
Already employed by GCE? Please be sure to apply internally through your Employee Workday account!