Social Media Specialist
Grand Canyon Education’s Marketing department is seeking a full time Social Media Specialist. This position will assist in the execution of social media strategy by monitoring the University’s social media presence on various sites. Researches opportunities to enhance social media and the University’s presence online in a meaningful way.
- Manages various university-owned social media communities
- Assists with developing social media strategies for content and account management
- Writes, edits and inputs messaging and content to various profiles and applications;
- Oversees student workers contributing to social media sites by assigning sites, reviewing content and editing and providing continuous feedback for appropriate GCU messaging
- Works closely with video and photo teams to develop content specific to social media
- Monitors and tracks discussions on social media
- Ensures proper tagging and tracking is executed by student worker teams
- Engages with the assigned communities to keep GCU trending in social media sites; takes action to protect GCU image when negative discussions/conversations begin to arise.
- Ensures all messaging adheres to GCU social media standards and ensures compliance to FCC guidelines.
- Adjusts posts (imagery and messaging) to align with brand standards while focusing on community management and the removal of all content deemed offensive or inappropriate.
- Monitors online conversation about the University-reports on trends and widespread issues to social media management for recommendations on any actions that need to be taken.
- Creates and monitors event pages, announcements, messages, reviews and conversations.
- Facilitates follower interaction, discussion and engagement.
- Review user generated comments and posts online in a timely manner and when appropriate respond to comments, or escalate when necessary in order to foster a positive community and add value to the user’s experience.
- Encourage the generation of user created content via active community participant and conversation
- Stays alert to and recognizes trends in social media, audience behavior and engagement, within our communities, recommends changes to the social media manager as necessary.
- Builds and manages reports reflecting meaningful social metrics for management decision making.
- Tracks influencers and trending topics from online conversation about the university and relates in regular social media team meetings so appropriate recommendations for action can be taken.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, public relations or communications
- Minimum of 3 years related professional work experience
- Prior experience in managing social media on behalf of a brand. Understands and easily adapts to write as brand "voice."
- Advanced understanding of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Intermediate knowledge of social media management tools (Hootsuite, Talkwalker, TweetDeck, etc.)
- Intermediate understanding of social media reporting and analytics.
- Basic understanding of social media advertising (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Proficient with graphics editing programs (Photoshop), multimedia platforms, and basic computer processing.
- Proficient with the complete Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher)
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including verbal and written along with a good command of the English language
- Solid proficiency in creating or generating new social media communities
- Advanced understanding of the basic principles of public relations and marketing techniques
- Proven communication skills and abilities in social posting.
- Ability to create compelling, exciting, concise marketing -style copy that is grammatically correct and factually accurate.
- Strong written communication skills, including headline and caption writing skills.
- Strong ability to put yourself in customers’ shoes and come up with idas that are relevant and enticing.
- Strong ability to pinpoint problems and find creative solutions.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude throughout the day and be prepared to change gears or repeat process as needed.
- An ability work independently on a project or collaboratively as a team player able to integrate with a diverse team with varying opinions and ideas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and cope professionally with changing priorities
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000018877