Social Media Specialist - Hybrid position
Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
We are looking to grow our social media team with an individual that is creative, passionate and enjoys working as part of a dynamic group of social media practitioners. This role will plan, create and execute social content for educational partners for a variety of channels. We’re seeking candidates with prior experience managing social on behalf of a brand and proficiencies in the latest social strategies, content development and brand management.
Hybrid role: this position is based in Phoenix and requires on campus and in office, collaborative time, but the remainder will be done remotely.
What You Will Do:
- Manage various university partner-owned social media communities
- Assist with developing social media strategies for content and account management
- Write, edit and input messaging and content to various profiles and applications;
- Mentor student workers contributing to social media sites by assigning sites, reviewing content and editing and providing continuous feedback for appropriate GCU messaging. Ensure proper tagging and tracking is executed by student worker teams
- Work closely with video and photo teams to develop content specific to social media
- Engage with the assigned communities to keep the university visible in social media sites; takes action to protect university partner image when negative discussions/conversations begin to arise.
- Monitor online conversation about the university partners-reports on trends and widespread issues to social media management for recommendations on any actions that need to be taken.
- Creates and monitors event pages, announcements, messages, reviews and conversations.
- Assist with managing reports reflecting meaningful social metrics for management decision making.
- Track influencers and trending topics from online conversation about the university and relates in regular social media team meetings so appropriate recommendations for action can be taken.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Have:
- Proficiency in social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Experience with social media management platforms such as Hootsuite, Talkwalker, Sprout, etc.
- Proficiency in social media reporting and analytics.
- Photoshop, multimedia platforms, and basic computer processing.
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or communications
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years related professional work experience
- Demonstrated experience with managing social media on behalf of a brand.
- Must occasionally work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigations.