SEO Specialist - US Remote Opportunity
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a SEO Specialist. This position will work collaboratively with assigned marketing partners and university clients in planning, executing and overseeing search engine optimization initiatives on university partners web properties. The SEO Specialist works on digital marketing initiatives or works with higher visibility web properties, proficient knowledge of current SEO tools, technologies and strategies.
This position can be worked anywhere in the US as long as you can work between the hours of 7am - 6pm MST.
- Apply broad-based knowledge of digital marketing principles and techniques including SEO strategies that drive search engine visibility and help improve website speed and performance.
- Conduct keyword research via multiple tools and platforms to help support all client initiatives and provide them with the data necessary to make informed marketing decisions. Provides on-going monitoring and maintenance of main website asset visibility and associated keywords.
- Ensure all aspects of the website are technically sound and meet all accessibility standards (e.g., breadcrumbs, metadata, html tags)
- Review all websites to continue finding new improvement opportunities and user experience and conversion optimization.
- Write and edit SEO title tags, meta descriptions, landing pages, middle-layer content and conversion pages
- Translate complex industry terminology into accessible, benefit-oriented information
- Create and implement new SEO strategies & programs based on new tools or techniques that become available within the SEO industry
- Identify & apply best practices for canonical tags and site migrations from an SEO perspective
- In collaboration with the digital marketing specialist team, creates a search engine friendly optimized product that serves both the needs of the client and visibility goals of the content.
- Collaborate with the digital marketing specialist team to build, update, publish, provide status reporting, and maintain stability of web properties that support the client, ensuring high quality standards delivery that meets or exceeds the client’s expectations, and the end-users needs
- Work with web design team to ensure defined brand strategy is consistently applied during development of web properties.
- Develop performance metrics and reporting for ROI on designated web properties and recommends areas of improvement to marketing management.
- Review effectiveness of implemented SEO projects and adjusts plans as necessary with project lead and/or clients; prepares and interprets associated SEO performance metrics.
- Stay current of innovative concepts, techniques, and technology to offer contemporary solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or related field required from a regionally accredited institution. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in SEO web marketing.
- Proven experience executing digital marketing campaigns for a variety of audiences.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), MS Project or similar project management software, social media platforms.
- Proficient with Photoshop, Google Analytics, HTML/ CMS platforms.
- Able to utilize SEO tools such as Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, SEO Clarity and SEMrush
- Familiar with testing platforms such as Google Optimize or Acquia Personalization.
- Working knowledge of ux/ui platforms such as Hotjar or Fullstory.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships at all organizational levels.
- Excellent presentation skills to present a variety of information from simple to complex.
- Excellent oral and written communications, a good command of the English language and ability to provide clear communications among all stakeholders.
- Must be able to interact comfortably with senior leadership.
- Ability to think quickly and respond immediately in strategy and information meetings.
- Excellent planning, organizational and successful project management skills in order to translate, define, coordinate and manage project requirements based on stakeholders’ input.
- An ability to help clients to clearly define needs and objectives.
- Good attention to detail, analytical and networking skills.
- Applied knowledge of marketing analytics, ROI metrics and earned value assessment.
- An ability to work independently on a project or collaboratively as a team player and able to integrate with a diverse team with varying opinions and ideas.
- Good judgment and ability to accurately translate clients’ marketing needs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and cope professionally with changing priorities.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends required.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigation. Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.