SEO Specialist - Remote
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
We are looking to expand our SEO team with an individual who is driven, hard-working, and passionate. The main goal of our SEO Specialist is to plan, execute, and oversee search engine optimization initiatives on university partners' web properties. We are looking for an SEO Specialist with proficient knowledge of current SEO tools, technologies, and strategies.
What You Will Do
- Grow organic search traffic through SEO best practices and content growth strategies.
- Track, analyze, and report data using Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and SEO industry tools.
- Apply digital marketing principles and techniques that drive search engine visibility and help improve performance.
- Perform client-specific keyword research and competitive analysis.
- Perform technical SEO Audits of client websites.
- Perform A/B testing and conversion rate optimization (CRO) across desktop and mobile sites.
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented.
- Work with content and social media teams to drive SEO in content creation and publishing.
- Stay current on industry changes/developments in search engine optimization.
What You Will Have
- Proficient with Google Analytics, Search Console, and Google My Business.
- Proficiency with WordPress or similar content management system.
- Able to utilize SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, Moz, and SEMrush.
- Familiar with testing platforms such as Google Optimize.
- An understanding of best SEO practices and the use of Google Trends and insights.
- Excellent planning, organizational and successful project management skills.
- An ability to work independently on a project and collaboratively as a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and cope professionally with changing priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or related field
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in SEO web marketing.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background screen.
- Have your own website or blog? We’d love to see it.
- Worked in a fast-paced environment? Awesome.
- Created content for specific audience personas? Sweet!
- Google Analytics certified? Amazing.