Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is growing and seeking a new SEO Manager to join our team! The SEO Manager is responsible for generating and implementing successful search engine marketing initiatives for clients and guiding successful and unique optimization strategies. This role works collaboratively with assigned marketing partners, external clients and vendors in planning, executing and overseeing digital marketing initiatives on various lead generating web properties. This is a metric driven role measuring performance in lead generation, conversion and continuous improvement in rankings.
- Coordinates with internal cross-functional project teams to create strategic marketing plans as they relate to organic web marketing.
- Perform keyword research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages.
- Provide recommendations and execute/manage strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals; both general and keyword specific.
- Monitor and evaluate web analytics, dashboards, reports, search results and overall performance across the major search channels in order to improve rankings.
- Implement and administer search engine programs (XML sitemaps and webmaster tools).
- Monitor, track and report on SEO projects; specifically status, lead generation, conversion and optimization results.
- Identify new search engine and conversion rate optimization strategies, tests and reports.
- Manage a team of digital marketing specialists in all aspects of managerial responsibility, coaching, development, performance feedback and monitoring and assigning work.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of broader SEO community including updates to SEO and analytics platforms as well as updates done by key search engines; must keep client websites up to date to ensure peak performance in lead generation.
- Serves as a key member of client marketing team, to develop and inform best digital marketing campaign strategy to achieve desired outcomes; depending on nature of client campaign, may have to develop project plan and serve as the key project manager; ensuring on time and quality delivery.
- Represents the digital marketing department as the SEO subject matter expert and meets expectations of maintaining effective business relationships with clients, vendors and internal marketing partners, developing creative and solid digital web campaigns and of gaining client’s approval for campaigns and/or updates to campaigns through thoughtful facilitation at meetings.
- Responsible for publishing, updating and building new and existing web pages within the context of existing content management systems (Drupal and WordPress).
- Occasionally conducts training sessions with the student-level team members to provide insight on digital marketing best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field required from a regionally accredited institution, preferred and if not add on 2 more years’ of work experience as minimum requirements.
- 5+ years managing SEO projects for an array of websites, including enterprise-level companies.
- Must be able to demonstrate performance results of SEO work experience
- Formal SEO and analytics training or certification, highly desirable
- Proven experience executing digital marketing campaigns for a variety of audiences.
- Familiarity with basic concepts of web design, front-end and back-end development
- Must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends required
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships at all organizational levels.
- Excellent presentation skills to present a variety of information from simple to complex.
- Excellent oral and written communications, a good command of the English language and ability to provide clear communications among all stakeholders.
- Must be able to interact comfortably with high-level staff and executives.
- Ability to think quickly and respond immediately in strategy and information meetings.
- Excellent planning, organizational and successful project management skills in order to translate, define, coordinate and manage project requirements based on stakeholders’ input.
- An ability to help clients to clearly define needs and objectives.
- Good attention to detail, analytical and networking skills.
- Applied knowledge of marketing analytics, ROI metrics and earned value assessment.
- An ability to work independently on a project or collaboratively as a team player and able to integrate with a diverse team with varying opinions and ideas.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment and cope professionally with changing priorities.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Deep knowledge or search engine optimization, as it relates to organic traffic, as well as the tools to review and manage organic results.
- Broad understanding of the tools of predictive and artificial intelligence; skilled in ability to provide clear and in-depth information to developers to enable use of these tools to increase quality leads and conversion of leads for appropriate targeted consumers.
- Fluent with SEO tools such as Google Analytics, Search Console, SEO Moz, Hot Jar, Ahrefs, SEO Clarity, etc.
- Strong understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) process.
- Solid understanding of deploying and executing "third party links" into external content to increase brand awareness of clients and increase lead generation.
- Experience working with various content management systems and building/administering content in multiple CMS environments (WordPress & Drupal)
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and website administration.
- Understanding of natural search tactics and how web metrics are tracked.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), MS Project or similar project management software, social media platforms.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000020143