Senior Systems Administrator
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking a Systems Administrator to join our team. This position is for a Systems Administrator who is adaptable, creative and wants be a part of a dynamic DevOps culture that is making a difference.
Our focus is on automation, innovation, and high quality support. We deliver 24x7x365 high-availability systems for university education services. The Systems Administrator role is versatile and creative. The ideal candidate will know how to think "outside-the-box" and will share in responsibilities for supporting the managing, provisioning, and configuration of large enterprise environments. This position will also assist with daily operations, and maintenance of compute resources and applications within GCE's internal and external cloud infrastructures. This role is broad and will not be limited to a single technology platform and will include working closely with application developers to handle rapid platform deployments and releases. Other responsibilities include supporting system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related services while following and adhering to industry best practices and compliance in support of GCU's business objectives and student experience.
- Knowledge of installing, configuring, and monitoring of Windows Servers and applications:
- Microsoft Windows Server & Azure Administration
- Installation and Configuration of Enterprise Applications
- Citrix XenApp & XenServer Administration
- Citrix PVS and StoreFront Administration
- Assisting with updating PVS images
- Occasional VMware vSphere Support
- Management of IIS App Pools
- PowerShell Scripting
- Experience managing and administering hardware and software resources.
- Monitors and adjusts system performance for usage and efficiency.
- Develops and maintains vendor and service relationships.
- Monitors and tunes systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Collects and reviews system data for capacity planning purposes.
- Supports complex data/media recoverability through system backups and database archive operations.
- Plans, coordinates and directs appropriate level data refresh strategies.
- Oversees and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure that documentation is current.
- Troubleshooting complex technical systems, network or application problems.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, holidays as required to provide support and maintenance for systems, and to ensure 24/7 support and troubleshooting of business-critical database servers.
- Willing to work "on-call" regularly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related technical discipline acquired through a regionally accredited institution. May consider an equivalent combination of directly related work experience and education.
- Minimum 5 years of directly related Citrix, Windows Server and Microsoft Azure administration experience preferred.
- Intermediate PowerShell Scripting.
- Use of Windows and Office products is required.
- Microsoft Windows Server and Citrix Certification highly preferred.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000020121