Senior Digital Content Specialist
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education seeking a Sr Digital Marketing Content Writer. This position is responsible for collaborating with the Digital Content team to write and edit content for all gcu.edu and blogs.gcu.edu websites. Also responsible for posting, updating and occasionally cleaning up outdated content. Selected candidate will keep information displayed on the sites fresh, informative and appealing. The "content strategy" is to create, write and manage content so as to achieve business goals and be a voice for GCU.
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver business results.
- Manages GCU.edu website content, including writing, editing and optimizing new and existing content as well as organizing and maintaining website copy documents to ensure all content is tracked and up-to-date.
- Manages GCU Blogs, including content creation and optimization.
- Develops and manages content strategies and project plans for digital marketing across all platforms, including websites, email, video and social media.
- Works with Marketing Services team to develop a content strategy; may participate in client facing meetings as needed to ensure effective understanding of what is possible in a content strategy.
- Assists with writing when necessary and responsible for reviewing and editing all copy for all GCU.edu websites, including gcu.edu, students.gcu.edu, alumni.gcu.edu and blogs.gcu.edu, taking into account both SEO and digital content best practices, voice, style and layout.
- Builds, develops and maintains effective business relationships with university client(s), internal marketing partners, and other stakeholders.
- Communicates content strategies and results to all marketing teams.
- Manages and oversees the process for tracking all digital content.
- Collaborates with Sr. Digital Marketing Manager, SEO team and Digital Marketing Specialists to ensure all pages are optimized.
- Collaborates across functions (internal marketing as well) to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives at the lowest possible cost.
- Ensures and/or creates compelling website content that supports corporate brand visibility and strategic initiatives.
- Ensures defined brand strategy is consistently applied during development of content.
- Participates in analysis of marketing data analytics (clicks, traffic), and recommends areas of improvement to marketing leadership and clients.
- Reviews effectiveness of executed content strategies and adjusts plans as necessary.
- Stays abreast of current concepts, techniques and technology to offer contemporary solutions.
- Mentor all team members including direct reports as part of a regular ongoing consistent leadership approach.
- Provides hands on operational support as needed.
- Develops a culture of high energy, highly collaborative and team work through team building activities and regular and consistent information/communication sessions.
- Respected by all stakeholders in approach and style of management, ideas and innovation.
- Drive innovation in thought and deliverables to keep GCU on "cutting edge".
- Bachelor degree in marketing or public relations/communications required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience developing content for Web.
- Minimum of one year experience serving as lead for a content team preferred.
- Proven experience writing for the Web, including knowledge of best practices for SEO and AP writing style.
- Experience writing, editing and optimizing blogs, using best SEO practices and client input, while still carrying out initiatives from leadership.
- Excellent planning, organizational and successful project management skills in order to translate, define, coordinate and manage project requirements based on stakeholders’ input.
- Knowledge of marketing analytics, ROI metrics and earned value assessment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships at all organizational levels.
- Excellent oral and written communications, a good command of the English language and ability to provide clear communications among all stakeholders.
- Must be able to interact comfortably with high-level staff and executives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; cope with changing priorities and complete projects with competing deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, (Word, Outlook, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), MS Project or similar project management software, social media platforms.
- Ability to think quickly and respond immediately in strategy and information meetings.
- An ability to help clients to clearly define needs and objectives.
- Good attention to detail, analytical and networking skills.
- An ability to work independently on a project or collaboratively as a team player and able to integrate with a diverse team with varying opinions and ideas.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000016342-1