Senior Creative Manager
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Sr Creative Manager. This provides direction to produce content spanning multiplatform campaigns to singular, one-time communications. Works with creative team of writers, art directors, graphics designers, photographers, videographers and video editors to facilitate robust content.
- Directs the design and development of creative materials; leads/participates in brainstorming design sessions.
- Manages projects to ensure on time delivery and quality to client, meeting their needs, and within budget.
- Supports and assists in developing unified voice with words and imagery of brand across all marketing and branding platforms from top to bottom of the marketing funnel.
- Helps ECD to unify the process of marketing campaigns through concepts, development to execution of all aspects of production.
- Creates technical concepts in a variety of styles and tones dependent on marketing project objectives and media considerations
- Manages multiple technical projects and deadlines simultaneously; manages project resources based upon skill level, client need and project deadlines.
- Contributes to and maintains style guides and guidelines for regulatory and company policies and guidelines.
- Collaborates with the marketing team for information exchange and reduction of duplication.
- Collaborates with marketing services and digital teams for integration across platforms and initiatives.
- Studies the creative marketplace, assessing where client work stands against competitors and/or marketing leading edge campaigns; keeps up with trends and recommends changes in standard practices.
- Makes decisions to facilitate client project delivery and may warrant making sound decisions in the absence of the ECD.
- All other duties as assigned by the ECD.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising/marketing, creative storytelling through words and/or design or other communications related field.
- 8+ years relevant experience in marketing or communications, preferably supporting multiple clients in a high traffic, marketing environment.
- Agency experience highly desired.
- Solid knowledge of marketing, brand, and design principles and development.
- Experience leading and managing creative teams.
- Strong concept and strategy development skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Strong creative mind
- Proficiency with Mac platform and tools: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator Acrobat, Keynote and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check
- Ability to communicate effectively with outside partners, vendors and other contacts, clients and all levels of employees.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in marketing campaign execution and complex planning to coordinate services and/or resources.
- Must be able to interact comfortably with high-level staff, executives and media personnel and must be able to act appropriately and make sound decisions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, (Word, Outlook, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), MS Project or similar project management software, social media platforms.
- Familiarity with social media platforms for advertising and branding purposes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP writing style.
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of marketing analytics, ROI metrics and earned value assessment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; cope with changing priorities and complete projects with competing deadlines.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings, weekends or holidays required.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000023927-2